That's it, we're moving!
As of today the new server will be Jinker's old G4, in Atlanta. This should reduce the lag and the connection loss by a lot, and I mean a lot.
Your characters will not be lost in the moving, you don't have to worry about that.
Of course we took the opportunity to add a ninja update that removes a few bugs and exploits, and Jinker even updated a few graphics
I apologize in advance for the new download you have to endure before being able to play again ^^
So what's this update about?New Content
- Not really new, but important enough to put here: The way the Sextant works was changed. The coordinates should now be much more accurate. The consequence of that is that every single place in Oberin had its sextant coordinate changed. You will need to update it if you had a list of places in Oberin and their relative Sextant coords.Tweaks and Changes
- Damage dealt by the "Fireball" spell was greatly increased.
- Hit Points healed by the "Mass Heal" spell were greatly increased.
- The "Mass Heal" spell had its visual effect changed to something more appropriate.
- Players and monsters affected by the "Mass Heal" and "Disorient Field" spells should no longer get sparkles. This will also reduce the lag by a lot.Bug Fixes
- Fixed an exploit that would allow players to have an insanely high Armor Rating after sorting a few items in their inventory.
- Fixed a bug that would send false informations in the ID window.
- Fixed a bug that would constantly send "Your pet looks very hungry." to druids when their pet's hunger reaches a dangerously low level.
- The "About Oberin" window now properly show up.
- It is no longer possible to log in with an outdated client.
- Fixed a few mini map glitches.
- (Hopefully) fixed a bug in the Fireball and Magic Arrow code that would generate a lot of magic plants.
- (Hopefully) fixed a bug in the Fireball and Magic Arrow rendering code that would sometimes make the client crash.
Let's hope the laggy days are gone for good now!