Forums

• Need help with VMWare emulation on windows?  Post here.

To keep things clean on the original post, if you need help regarding VMWares emulation.  Post here.

F.A.Q

-----------------------------------

Error:
    "Mac OS X is not supported with binary translation.  To run Mac OS X you need a host on which VMWare Workstation supports Intel-x or AMD-V."

Solution:

VMWare requires Hardware Virtualization to be enabled in the BIOS of your computer.  
    To fix this issue, you must launch into your BIOS and find where it has an option a long the lines of: 
    "Hardware Virtualization"
    "Virtualization"

Enable this setting, ONLY THIS SETTING.  Save BIOS and restart the computer.
    Please do not change any other setting in the BIOS unless you know what you are doing.

Error:
    iChat and other Internet applications will not connect to the internet. (But Oberin will)

Solution:

The issue is that the DNS settings on the OS are scrambled.
    To fix this, Click on the Apple Icon -> "About this Mac" -> "Software Update"

The software update will fail, leaving you with an option to diagnose the internet connection.
    Click on this, and just keep clicking through the program that opens.  Once you have finished going through this, it will then connect you back online, you are now free to use the internet on all apps.

• -------------ORIGINAL--------------------
    However after following all the step-by-step instructions, and despite my incredible gratitude I ran into a problem when I got to the step "Power on this virtual machine."

http://i.imgur.com/I7VcvEH.png

http://i.imgur.com/5qTisMU.png

I followed every step to the letter and EVERYTHING did exactly what you described they should do with no errors. I'm confused =/

------------------------------------------------

There are 2 possible reasons to this error.  
    1:  Are you running a 64bit OS?

2: If the answer is yes to 1, then enter your bios setup and look for something along the lines of:
    "Virtualization"
    "Hardware Virtualization"

If you find something along those lines, and is it Disabled, enable it, save BIOS and restarted the computer.   Please be careful not to change anything else in BIOS!

• That worked perfectly thanks Ariki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!
    !!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cannot get files from this "MEGA" site, as it requires installing Firefox addon. And most certainly I wont be doing that for the sake of a single zip. How this download-thing is constructed, feels dirty (raises suspicion).

• The "download-thing"?

mega.co.nz is quite a large file sharing website, but if you dont trust it, that is fine, you dont have to. But unfortunately that is where the files are hosted. Be thankful its not one of the website where you have to fill out a survey to download!

• Hi. I've got OS X working as instructed above. I can't, however, seem to connect to the internet, although the "network adapter" says that it is bridged. I've tried the character creator, and it says it isn't working right now, which might suggest I'm not online on the virtual machine? Any ideas? Safari etc. won't connect, and the diagnostics don't fix it.

Network preferences says "Ethernet has a self assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the internet".

Edit: problem resolved. I can't say "solved", since I have no idea what I changed to get it working. cheesey

• On VMware, in the network settings, it says "Ethernet has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the internet."

How do I fix this? 

Thanks smile

• A fault has occurred causing a virtual CPU to enter the shutdown state. If this fault had occurred outside of a virtual machine, it would have caused the physical machine to restart. The shutdown state can be reached by incorrectly configuring the virtual machine, a bug in the guest operating system, or a problem in VMware Workstation.

• A fault has occurred causing a virtual CPU to enter the shutdown state. If this fault had occurred outside of a virtual machine, it would have caused the physical machine to restart. The shutdown state can be reached by incorrectly configuring the virtual machine, a bug in the guest operating system, or a problem in VMware Workstation.

this is all i get when i try to start virtual machine

• Please send me a PM Maryjay and I will try my best to solve the issue for you. Generally when this happens, it is because more threads or cores than your physical CPU can handle where allocated to the virtual machine

Moderator(s): arikitest