Forums

• The ID/Graphics for the BM staff is non-existent. It is built into the graphics of the Bone Mage.

IF I were to add the staff, i do not think that a mage class should be able to weild it and do the same amount of damage as a CoP if it also gives the ability to both cast and drink potions. This is going to make mage classes over powered and unbalance the game. If anything, it would boost magery, yes, but, i do not think if that is the case, that a mage should be able to melee with it.

That is my opinion anyway.

• bump to see Ariki's comment on new page...
    I like the ideas coming forth, but magical items as a staff are of a delicate nature... That BM/Hell mage will never strike you with it's Staff...
    I do think, if possible, there would be 'Class' developed Staffs... meaning Wiz can not use a Cleric's staff, etc.
    Unless it was a staff of mana regeneration, something that crosses the line between, as all Robes use mana.
    Useing drops from BMs or HMs is an idea, but as Ariki says is part of the graphics... Elpiis would not trust the former possessed property of their undead ilk...  :/
    Personally think mayb Brak in Marali Lake is the place to take the quest for Spirit/ magic imbued wood/materials... a very rare drop... Braken heart wood... similar graphics as log/ different name/ability. Brak is an ancient Tree Mage of much wisdom... let him/her/it craft a staff of the heart wood ... It should not be used against the Braken Kind, but against other beasts of Oberin.
    the Magic of the Braken mages is not truely evil...  as that of a Bone mage or Hell mage's blackness...
    Braken wield but similar spells as the Robes of Oberin... (maybe they should learn more spells [summon creature(s)])...

Moderator(s): arikitest