Forums

• Hello, this is the Rogue thread for class changes.
    As we're now working on updates, we'd like player input on all classes.

What do you think should be added to the rogue class?

Please bear in mind these ideas will be taken into consideration, but might not be implemented.

Keep your replies small please. Bullet points preferred, short sentences to clarify your points.

• • raise healing cap slightly: rogues should be better with bandages than what they currently are

• anatomy:
    1. let rogues use anatomy while stealthed.
    2. give twice normal success when using anatomy on a monster.
    3. make it _at least_ twice as likely to succeed at anatomy while attempting it on a monster.

• pet bat for delimew: a happier delimew will lead to happier players overall ‹3

*kiss*

• At some high-ish level, rogues should be able to give their guild halls a secret entrance like through the furnace or a window or something.

• Skills:

-Make anatomy tolerable. Have it be advance by critical hits, instead of mindless clicking at a full bank. Maybe even get rid of it.

-Make poisoning useful. Poison's toxicity should go up the skill level, lasting longer and being more potent. Have it level by poison strikes delivered, not by crafting bottles of poison.

-A bonus to stealth at night, and a penalty during the day.

-If healing is to go up, I don't see why resisting magic shouldn't either.

-Make some chests or monsters hidden, and able to revealed using the detecting hidden skill.

-Make doors lockable maybe? Creatures and characters would still be able to bash through them, but it could take a few attacks.

Special attacks:

-Toss bottles of poison like you would explosive dust, poisoning an enemy.

-A stacking, all aspect poison attack that isn't dependent on a dagger. Lets see a rogue with a sword or glaive.

-Smoke bombs using the fog graphic to blind or disorient enemies, boosting the chance to hide or stealth for a chance to escape.

-Up decimate's damage, but make it only effecting from only directly behind, not the 3 squares it currently is.

-A dodging stance that performs similar to a defensive stance for fighters. Damage is taken from stamina instead of health, however is the hit depletes the last of the stamina, full damage is taken. A rogue would be able to evade one shot from a dragon or golem, and then be forced to run.

Equipment:

-Different types of short blades such as dirks, stilettos, tantos. Some faster, some harder hitting, some longer lasting.

-Disguises could be fun. Possibly as a skill too, and for other classes. If you dress up like a brigand, your name appears as "Brigand" to others. Once close enough, they will see through the disguise and see your character name.

-And most importantly, a bat for deli.

• - change anatomy prime to lockpicking, much more useful for rogues.
    -add more traps to be disabled.  Not nasty enough to kill people, just inconvenience them. More traps would give rogues something to do on hunts.

• Special:
    I also think that BS/Deci should do more damage if directly behind a target, but only if a shield is not equiped.

Stealth:
    1. Of course I would love for players not to be able bump me out of stealth, to compensate detect hidden should reveal stealthed creatures.
    2. Ring of Discretion changed to add 2 or 3 steps to stealth.
    3. Ring of Stealth changed to add an extra roll for a successful stealth attempt.
    4. Ring of Shadow be changed to add two extra rolls for a successful stealth attempt.

Poisoning:
    I agree with Laricen that the poisoned effect on weapons should increase as you level the posioning skill. In addition I think that leveling it should also increase your passive resistance to poison due to working with it for so long.

RT & LP:
    I think that the higher your RT/LP level the more likely that you can use the skills while still in stealth.

RM/Parrying
    Would love to see these caps raised for rangers/rogues since I think the skills fit them better than fighters. 

Tinkering:
    I think that Tinkers should be able to make the following:
    1. Chests that a rogue can use LP/RT on.
    2. A portable BS hammer to repair with, would cost:  1 pure fire, 1 essence of power, 1 BS hammer, and 1 flaming sword to make.
    3. A mining axe that grants two ferrite, would cost: 1 DHA, 1 essence of speed, and 1 coal axe.
    4. It would be cool if jade dust was used by clerics to make greater mana potions.
    5. Collars for pets similar to charms for players.
    6. Maybe magical resistance rings
    7. Orb of summoning, kind of hard not to see this being abused, but the cost would have to be high enough for this not to be spammed, but low enough so it is actually used. I am thinking it could be used to summon a player to a group in case the hunt has already started. It would use however the GM command to summon players works, and the person who is getting summoned would have to type /summon which would allow them to be summoned for 30 sec or so. I was thinking a good cost would be a SMF is required for each summon.

• Special:
    I also think that BS/Deci should do more damage if directly behind a target, but only if a shield is not equiped.

Stealth:
    1. Of course I would love for players not to be able to bump me out of stealth, to compensate detect hidden should reveal stealthed creatures.
    2. Ring of Discretion changed to add 2 or 3 steps to stealth.
    3. Ring of Stealth changed to add an extra roll for a successful stealth attempt.
    4. Ring of Shadow be changed to add two extra rolls for a successful stealth attempt.

Poisoning:
    I agree with Laricen that the poisoned effect on weapons should increase as you level the posioning skill. In addition I think that leveling it should also increase your passive resistance to poison due to working with it for so long.

RT & LP:
    I think that the higher your RT/LP level the more likely that you can use the skills while still in stealth.

RM/Parrying
    Would love to see these caps raised for rangers/rogues since I think the skills fit them better than fighters. 

Tinkering:
    I think that Tinkers should be able to make the following:
    1. Chests that a rogue can use LP/RT on.
    2. A portable BS hammer to repair with, would cost:  1 pure fire, 1 essence of power, 1 BS hammer, and 1 flaming sword to make.
    3. A mining axe that grants two ferrite, would cost: 1 DHA, 1 essence of speed, and 1 coal axe.
    4. It would be cool if jade dust was used by clerics to make greater mana potions.
    5. Collars for pets similar to charms for players.
    6. Maybe magical resistance rings
    7. Orb of summoning, kind of hard not to see this being abused, but the cost would have to be high enough for this not to be spammed, but low enough so it is actually used. I am thinking it could be used to summon a player to a group in case the hunt has already started. It would use however the GM command to summon players works, and the person who is getting summoned would have to type /summon which would allow them to be summoned for 30 sec or so. I was thinking a good cost would be a SMF is required for each summon.

• Varto, Rosina would just (and strongly) disagree with point 4 - jade dust is just too difficult and to her it would not justify a Full Mana Potion, let alone Greater Mana - this should be obtained by the same ingredients used to make mana plus 1 DT

Moderator(s):