Forums
Royalty
Royalty
2 years ago

Fuoco

Thank you Danery!

I actually came in game one day (16 May) after being discharged from hospital but with disastrous consequences. Oberin froze and I met my death. I wish to thank Marama who defied the lag and came all the way from Mirith to come and res me. We froze again but fortunately Marama survived

I want to know how come I meet with death whereas that delinquent of my niece gets the nice welcome back present - GRRRRRR!

Royalty
Royalty
1 year ago

Fuoco

LATEST

As news travel fast, I thought of updating the friends who are not on Facebook, so they hear straight from the horse's mouth.

The graft in the leg is doing well, but in the meantime I have had further trouble with the right eye. A blood vessel burst due to high blood pressure and they used laser treatment to seal it. I shall be seen next month, at which stage we shall; know whether the laser has done its job.

Alas, that is not the only thing high blood pressure is responsible for. After feeling unwell since soon after Christmas (head colds and flu like symptoms), last week I went to see the doctor who called an ambulance and sent me to Accident & Emergencies. I was swollen, had difficulty in breathing and kept coughing all night.

Tests were carried out, including chest x-rays and echography of the heart. Heart failure was mentioned. It turned out that, as the heart had been struggling for oxygen due to high blood pressure, as a reaction the inside and outside of the lungs filled with fluid, which caused the great difficulty in breathing. I am now being monitored every few days and am taking some strong diuretics to drain the fluid (this extended to legs and ankles. It is imperative that I keep my blood pressure under control and that I start some cardio exercise program.

Respectable
Respectable
1 year ago
I wish you the best of luck my friend across the pond.

Royalty
Royalty
2 months ago

Fuoco

Many of you will know that the bypass mentioned above went wrong and in August 2015 I was admitted into hospital for a second operation to the right leg, followed by a heart attack and subsequent triple heart bypass. Well, 2016 was a bit of a rotten year for various health reasons but the last month or so absolutely dreadful, with left leg and foot pain that obliged me to get out of bed most nights and which totally threw the rhythm of my life. Today some tests revealed that the left leg got jealous of the right and arteries are nearly blocked in two points. They have put me on a priority waitlist for another operation (the insertion of a balloon to expand the arteries) but that means that, until then (and recovery time) my life will still be upset, so I play Oberin on a not very regular basis and at odd hours. Gawr and I miss the Saturday hunts!

Noble
Noble
2 months ago
Sorry to hear that. We three (soon to be 4 with a foster child), wish you and my bro all the best. Keep fighting.

Royalty
Royalty
2 months ago

Fuoco

Wow Ardi - a foster child! If you can, send me an e-mail and let me know more dear! As for us, at least Fuoco can still outrun Sea Serpents and Rosi killed 4 Bone Mages a couple of days ago, so things are still good somewhere

Respectable
Respectable
2 months ago
Sending prayers for a speedy recovery. 2017 has to be a better year!

Royalty
Royalty
2 months ago

Gwyddeon

Sending lots of love and BIG HUGS Foo

Royalty
Royalty
1 month ago

Fuoco

Thank you Ardi, Gwyd and Danery for your good wishes. I now have a date for my pre-op assessment on 9 February. After the failure of the bypass to the right leg 3 years ago, this time they are going straight for angioplasty instead. I just hope they can go ahead soon as I wish this torment of day and night pain to end and that I may walk a little in comfort again! Will let you know the date once it's fixed.

Peasant
Peasant
1 month ago
Praying for you Foo. <3