Forums

• The list of guilds that have less that five players is getting rather large, so we are going to begin the process of deactivating guilds below the 5 member limit.

1. The process we will use is this:

Guilds with 4 members:
      These guilds will be considered "in trouble". No changes can be made to the guild halls (new chests, temples, stables, guards, etc.), and they will have one month to bring the number of active players back up to 5. After one month, if the number of active players is not 5 or more the guild will be considered dead, the members will be untagged on sight, and the hall will be removed from the guild.

Guilds with 3 members or less and with a Guild Hall:
      These guilds will be considered "in trouble". No changes can be made to the guild halls (new chests, temples, stables, guards, etc.), and they will have one month to bring the number of active members back up to 5. After one month, if the number of active members is not 5 or more the guild will be considered dead, the members will be untagged on sight, and the hall will be removed from the guild.

Guilds with 3 members or less and without a Guild Hall:
      These guilds will be considered "dead" and members will be untagged on sight.

Guilds that are "In Trouble"
    Abashiri (0 active members, Hall)
    Crimson Thorns (2 active members, Hall)
    Ebony Empire (3 active members, Hall)
    Equitas Concilium (2 active members, Hall)
    Guardians (4 active members, Hall) *edit: +1 member 10/16, 5 now active*
    The Scarlet Spires (3 active members, Hall)
    Vermillion Bird (2 active members, Hall)

Guilds that are "Dead"
    Crystal Raiders (2 active members)
    Dragon Fire (0 active members)
    Dragonians (0 active members)
    Ordo Illuminatis (1 active member)
    The Dark Rising (0 active members)
    The Lost Souls (2 active members)
    The Red Arrows (0 active members)
    The Spider's Heart (1 active member)
    Wardens of Faith (3 active members)
    Wayfarers of Wealth (0 active members)

• Sorry to hear some guild will be terminated, or in trouble.
    I did find myself confused as to which guild to join. I have found many great friends, in many different guilds. For the time being, I have neglected to join a guild (One that would have me) I don't know which guild is friendly with another, and their backstories. Hoping this will bring the world closer together, and no one is too upset with GM's.

Alexis

(No relation to Alexia, although I wish I was. From what I hear, she is an awesome character.)

•  

• Sorry to hear some guild will be terminated, or in trouble.
    I did find myself confused as to which guild to join. I have found many great friends, in many different guilds. For the time being, I have neglected to join a guild (One that would have me) I don't know which guild is friendly with another, and their backstories. Hoping this will bring the world closer together, and no one is too upset with GM's.

Alexis

(No relation to Alexia, although I wish I was. From what I hear, she is an awesome character.)

5b2c7ad484="alexis12"

There's no rush to jump into a guild - it's best to take your time, play, hunt, and just have fun. That way you will find people you like and naturally end up in the right place.

I believe this change will be a good thing - it will potentially make the active guilds grow, and bring more inclusion and group dynamic to the community by having players no longer living alone in big empty halls and hopefully joining an active group that encourages participation. That way we can have more group hunts and make some use of these wonderful new dungeons the GM's have made for us!!!!

*runs off happily, dreaming of an update coming soon*

• Some of the guild halls have been around for a while... They are still useful to the average adventurer. Why don't we make some of them historical sites, or they start to deteriorate? In a way it is sort of sad to see some of the history of these guilds lost.

• I'm curious about old halls. Will the halls be removed from the world? Just the guards, stable, and temple removed? Will they stand as a monument to the past? Decay into ruins similar to Aborek and Mari Rangers in a future update? Some other surprise?

• Abashiri has 0 active members? what on earth happened?

• Liaraen,

I'm curious as to what defines "active" in Oberin. Playing every day, once per week, a few days a month? I'm not in any of the above mentioned guilds so this doesn't affect me right now. I just want to be sure I don't fall into the "inactive" range in the future.

Thank you

• @Draco and @Laricen: The guild will no longer have access to the hall, but what happens to the halls themselves will vary. At first they will simply become abandoned, but with time they could be deleted, become ruins, or something else could happen. smile

@Shogun: I was surprised about Abashiri as well.

@Glow: As currently used, "active" means a person has played Oberin within the last three months.

• Ruins would be really nice.

A few weeks ago we had a discussion, with I don't remember who, about halls with inactive guilds, maybe a GM overheard us, we had an idea. Auction the halls for guilds who want them, if no guild want them turn them in ruins with monsters.
    Another idea was to auction/sell the hall to be dismantled and the material goes back to the players who bought it. Roll a 100d to know what percentage is usable after the dismantle, with a certain minimum and maximum that players can get, for example between 25 and 75%, if you roll under 25 you get 25, if you roll over 75 you get 75.

Moderator(s): arikitest