Forums
Royalty
Royalty
4 months ago

Jedd

Those were great versions Rivv, thanks for sharing.

Lost one of my closest friends yesterday. Just thought I'd share some of the songs I will remember him by.

Matthews Southern Comfort – Road to Ronderlin

Led Zeppelin – Ten Years Gone

Honorable
Honorable
4 months ago
Edited Thu Nov 24 2016, 01:00am by Rivvyre

Rivvyre

I'm sorry in that loss Jedd, I'd think they were a good person if you'd call 'em a friend...

fell back a bunch of years to my days of coffee house roamin' round San Diego...

'Gypsy friday'   on 'In the Beginning'  ...
Townes Van Zandt

'Don't think Twice, It's All Right'     on 'Best of the Vanguard Years'...
Ramblin' Jack Elliot

'Banjo Moon'         on  'One Night' (live)
Greg Brown

Noble
Noble
2 months ago
That one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceZRK_dTYyc

currently I watch a spaghetti western here and there. Forgot about the great music composed during that time - Ennio is rulying when it´s coming to this type of music - Macho-Music ;P

Honorable
Honorable
2 months ago
Edited Sat Jan 28 2017, 11:46pm by Rivvyre

Rivvyre

Arduis, do you kno a good source for them there Spaghetti westerns ?
I worked as an extra/ handler in one filmed outside Santa Fe, new Mexico in younger days...
Never found it to see if I actually was in the finished film. Don't remember its title either.
Good to see you around Oberin

Noble
Noble
1 month ago
Hi Rivvyre. Actually I buy those old movies over amazon, since they are stinky cheap there, sometimes they have bundles (usually I support my local media dealers, but DVDs at a cheap rate is basically the domain of the dark empire ).
AFAIK a large part of those movies was shot either in Spain or Italy itself (the latter for getting official funds from the government). Any clue about the cast? IIRC there was one starring Burt Reynolds as an Indian "outlaw" (actually the hero;P).

Honorable
Honorable
1 month ago

Rivvyre

from a time I walked thru, was immersed within...

a Song for David

one day at a time...
Joan Baez

the Circle Game
 Joni Mitchell

your time now hipsters et alii... find your path

Noble
Noble
1 month ago
Dio - Holy Diver

Royalty
Royalty
1 month ago

Jedd

Ahh, the Circle Game, good call.

And nothing new from me, but these two have been stuck in my head all day for no apparent reason.

Nick Drake – River Man

Norah Jones – Sleepless Nights

Royalty
Royalty
1 month ago

Fuoco

Aha Jedd! River Man by Nick Drake is one of Gawr's favourites! As for me, listening to Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple.

Noble
Noble
1 month ago
So many nice songs. Thank's for the Riverman, i wouldn't have heard it unless of you!
I had to listen to this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVC9Is0W1bs
...so I could post something about it. A Nordic genious "Björn J:son Lindh" made this in 1980. And for some reason they had it playing in some TV show for kids. I was 11 years of age by that time and fell in love with that melody. Alas, there was no Internet, no noting.  I had no clue what song it was. I had it in my grasp but it evaded. In my mind I knew exactly how it sounded (Piano, base, guitar...) but that didn't help me much. My ears hungered for it. Later on with Internet help I tried chasing for it but with no lyrics there wasn't much to do. Now, about half a year ago i was brave enough to ask a person who knows a lot about music, actually a very talented music teacher. I tried to whistle the tunes for him and he instantly told me what song it was.

Imagine how it felt seconds later that day on my computer, when i opened youtube and found that song after not hearing it for 36 years. My eyes went dim.

(ok, I said Nordic, because he was from Sweden and i am from Finland, but we are both Nordic and that makes us err both nordic )