Terms of Service
09/07/2005 07:20 PM EST
While you are a member of the Oberin service, you must
abide by the following rules.
IF YOU BREAK ANY OF THESE RULES, YOUR OBERIN ACCOUNT, AND YOUR RIGHT TO USE
THE OBERIN SERVICE, MAY BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY. THE RULES ARE:
1) You may not harass,
threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to
another player. This includes unwanted following, chasing, stalking, etc. You
a player alone if they ask you to do so.
2) You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language.
3) You may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing,
defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously, or
language toward any other player. And any other words or actions which offend,
inflame, upset or humiliate.
4) You may not organize any guilds or groups that are based on, or espouse,
any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering
5) You may not obstruct another player's movement such as by standing in a
doorway, or blocking their escape from danger.
6) You may not falsify your email address which is required at the time you
create a character.
7) You may not exploit any bug in the Oberin product or service to gain unfair
advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such
bug (either directly or through public posting) to any other user. You must
inform the administration of any such bug you discover.
You may not allow another person to use your account.
9) You may not have more than one character logged on at a time.
10) You may not "macro" your characters while not attending the game.
This is called unattended macroing. Unattended macroing means being away from
your Oberin session or away from your computer while your character repeats a
series of actions for any length of time. If your character is performing a skill
or action you must respond to a GM when confronted, if you are found to be "macroing" the
penalty will be severe.
11) You may not cheat in any way listed or not listed here. You may not use
any artificial means to advance your character. You may not attempt to bypass
way the game is intended to be played.
12) You may not use loopholes in the
TOS. You may not do things that, though not specifically listed here, obviously
with natural gameplay of Oberin.
13) You may not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other
Oberin users to enjoy playing the game, or that increases the expense or difficulty
of maintaining the Oberin service for the enjoyment of all its users.
14) "Hacking" or "cracking" the
client or modifying the Oberin Client, Oberin Server, and subsidiary files in any way, to bypass
normal game functions,
is not allowed.
Those found doing so will be banned immediately.
15) If for any reason you are in disagreement or conflict between players or
GM's (Game Masters), Oberin GM's have the final word in all matters.
THAT YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES AND WILL ABIDE BY THEM. IN ORDER TO HELP MAKE
OBERIN A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE, IT WILL BE NECESSARY TO MAKE CHANGES
TO, OR RESET
CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF, AN ON-GOING WORLD IN ORDER TO BRING IT BACK INTO BALANCE.
THESE CHANGES OR RESETS MAY AFFECT CHARACTERS UNDER YOUR CONTROL AND MAY
CAUSE YOU SETBACKS WITHIN THE GAME WORLD. THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW
MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE OBERIN WEB SITE FROM TIME
TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT MAY HAVE BEEN MADE.
The secret word is "popcorn"