frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

[MOD][HARVESTING] – Criticals

Submitted by delimew.

Add something like a [Level/25] chance to get an extra item from every harvest. Have the check repeat so that it will keep going until fail (so occasionally you may get 2 ferrite, or even 3, or 4...). This would apply to Mining, LJ, Fishing.

Jedd's addition: maybe make it [Level/40]. Using mining as an example, this would result in a reasonably low 10% chance to harvest double ferrite at Level 4 (and 1% chance to get triple). But at Mining 10, you would have a 25% chance of getting double items, and a 6.3% chance of getting triple (and a 1.6% chance for quadruple!). A nice bonus for leveling a difficult skill to such rare heights, but a bonus that still sits on an appropriate scale.

This idea would help make harvesting a lot more interesting and (dare I say it) fun!

Successes would remain unchanged, and the criticals would probably need to ignore DHA. In other words, if you were using DHA and you got a critical, you would just get the amount of logs you would have received if you'd been using a normal axe. At the very least, you still get the 2 logs, and once in a while you'll get more. I add this caveat because it would be a little ridiculous getting 4 or 8 or even 12 logs with any frequency.

Comments

• to add to this: I also had a very similar idea about sometimes getting extra boards/ingots when crafting them. I don't know if that's better or worse than critical harvesting, or if having both would be better or not, but it's another idea I'm putting out there.

bonus: reduce the chance to completely fail at crafting boards/ingots and in it's place give a chance to only get 1 or 2 (aka <3) boards/ingots while still granting a success. This would make those very early crafting levels more reasonable IMO.

also, I think DHA's would be fine if they gave +1 logs, instead of x2 logs.

(and, fwiw, the x/25 chance mentioned above was meant more as an example. I didn't put much thought into it and I've no problem with a different number being used in it's place)