frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

[WEBSITE] Help Improve it!

edited March 29 in Ideas
Greetings all!

I hope everyone likes the new home on Oberin. It is both desktop and mobile compatible.

I want to put this post here for people to suggest edits, fixes or additional ideas so feel free to give us your ideas!

Following post is what is to come!

Any other ideas, please do let me know!

Farewell,
-Ariki

Comments

• edited March 29
    1.  Add the Wiki Link to the site (Perhaps embed it in the site itself)

2.  Add a pictures section where we can recover all of our images going back to the start.

3.  Upload all of the RTQ and Role Playing forum posts for safe keeping and logging.

4. Add Discord Link On Home Page and Forums page

5.  Add social media links on home page.
  • Ariki said:

1. Add the Wiki Link to the site (Perhaps embed it in the site itself)

4. Add Discord Link on Home Page and Forums page

These points.. YESSSSS 

I am currently talking with discord to get our server verified which is a great assurance, and gives us a permanent invite link with our own name, as well as our own splash on invite! (example discord.gg/Oberin)
    If you manage to embedd the wiki, that'll be great!
  • The site looks nice and all, but is it okay to have it so modern when some of our users are still playing with older hardware?

For example, using Firefox 3 on my G5 doesn't load the front page at all. (forums seem to work okay, though the typing is weirdly slow)
  • delimew said:
    The site looks nice and all, but is it okay to have it so modern when some of our users are still playing with older hardware?

For example, using Firefox 3 on my G5 doesn't load the front page at all. (forums seem to work okay, though the typing is weirdly slow)

I will look into the front pages rendering differently on older machines.  The forum is functionality and alright to use or does that need modifications too? (Not sure how i will do that, i will need to research the forum CMS as i have never used this one before)
  • I have a suggestion! Allow GIF formats to work automagically! (Dunno if it works or not, but that'd be fun.)
    Maybe for our avi's too? <3 <3
  • [UPDATE]

Social Media Links Added

Wiki embedded into Oberin.com
  • I like the old archive bit. If you need help classifying things, do shout (adding authors, titles, whatever is lost on the way).

Can we recover the ... how to call it? Signature line? The thingy where Ice bragged about being ginger, and stuff like that.
  • I’m wondering if there’s a way to change how the most recent posts are displayed in the main list of forums. I’m not sure if it’s some weird RSS thing, but as of right now, a lot of forums don't even show that something has been posted in it. See the RP forum right now for an example. I've been looking over the dashboard and see a way to change how the forums are displayed, but I'm not sure if that will help here.
  • I did notice that too actually, it looks to be bugged almost.